Marketing Manager Swellendam | Western Cape
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic and hard-working person with strong communication skills to build the Aan de Leisure Collection brand by developing and implementing marketing strategies to increase occupancy and grow the brand through various marketing platforms.
The successful, full-time candidate will be based at our office in Swellendam. The marketing manager reports directly to the Asset Manager and works closely with all departments including accounting, reservation agent, operations manager, guesthouse managers and restaurant managers.
If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you.
Main Duties & Responsibilities*
- Promoting all ADLC properties and drive occupancy
- Content creation & management (social media content, writing blogs, press releases etc.)
- Generating new ideas for customer incentives and accommodation or business packages
- Negotiate rates and liaising with travel agencies
- Update website information such as FAQ’s, blog post, rates etc.
- Social media strategy and implementation across all digital channels
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of all marketing campaigns
- Brainstorm new and exciting strategies to grow brand
- Researching and analysing market trends and competitors
- Create content for guest collateral at our properties such as menus, activities and in-room compendiums, fact sheets and e-brochures
- Managing the design and production of promotional materials, such as photo and video shoots, websites and brochures
- Maintain and add to our client database
- Communicate in a way that is befitting for a leisure brand
- Assisting the reservation team as required
*Not limited to the above mentioned responsibilities
- Ability to problem solve and work independently or as part of a team
- General business knowledge and customer service skills
- Be an excellent negotiator
- Strong communication, written, and presentation skills in English and Afrikaans. A third language is advantageous
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Creative and design “eye”
- Eagerness to learn and innovate
- Basic understanding of SEO writing, Google Ads and Analytics
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- CRM experience is a bonus
- Photoshop/ Lightroom / InDesign / Video Editing skills is a bonus
- Understanding the principles of digital marketing
- Valid drivers license and transport
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- A degree/diploma in marketing, hospitality or business will be advantageous
- Working experience in hospitality industry may be considered as a supplement to education
- Experience in the following fields will be advantageous: digital marketing, sales, event planning, advertising, public relations and promotions
Visit our website: www.adlc.co.za
Salary: market related.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Application closing date: 2 April 2021. If you do not hear anything from us by 9 April 2021 your application has been unsuccessful.
To apply for this position please send your CV, a one page covering letter and a piece of your own travel writing, describing a travel experience that you have had (max 300 words) to: