You’re only stopping over in Swellendam on your way to the Garden Route or Route 62. Why not make it a pitstop to remember? Swellendam has a few options to keep you busy for 24hours and leave you wanting to come back for more.
The must do’s:
- A visit to Drostdy Museum. This former government building, an architectural treasure in itself, is now a museum containing some impressive artifacts.
- Photograph the Dutch Reformed Church. Rumour has it, it is the most photographed church in South Africa.
- Take a hike in Marloth Nature Reserve, the Duiwelsbos hiking route’s distance is a steep 1km and will take about 2 hours, depending on your agility. There is a beautiful deck at the waterfall, remember a snack for a mini pic-nic.
- Sulina’s Fairy Sanctuary will make every child’s and even grown ups fairy tale dreams come to life.
- Stroll through Swellengrebel Street beneath the lush oak trees and take a look at the wonderful shops and have a bite to eat at one of our lovely restaurants.