Shake up your Swellendam itinerary, and you only need to drive 30 minutes to an hour away to satisfy your craving for adventure, wine and nature.
Explore all of these day trips during your stay in Swellendam.
The Southern Most Tip Of Africa
- About a 1 hour and 20 min drive from Swellendam.
- In a small village, L’Agulhas, you’ll find the southern most tip of Africa.
- Enjoy the beach, local homemade fish & chips and take a moment to realize you are standing at the most southern tip in Africa.
Robertson Wine Route
- Just a 50 min drive from Swellendam.
- The wine valley safari tour is one of the best ways to explore the Robertson wine valley which is full of local wineries and wine-tasting experiences.
- Sip your way through the wine farms in Ashton, Bonnievale and Robertson and make it a memorable trip.
De Hoop Nature Reserve
- Just a 1.5-hour drive from Swellendam.
- An outing for the whole family to enjoy.
- De Hoop Nature reserve is approximately 340 square kilometers in area, making it one of the largest natural areas managed by Cape Nature.
- Besides enjoying the breathtaking views, visit the private beaches, take a game drive and end off your trip with a lovely meal at their local restaurant.
Day Trip To Barrydale
- Just a 40 minute drive from Swellendam situated on the famous R62.
- On route through the Tradouw’s Pass’s, enjoy beautiful lookout points and picnic spots.
- Explore the local dining spots from milkshakes at Diesel n Creme to local beer at The Maker’s Brew. There are a variety of gift shops, or you can visit the Barrydale Hand Weavers – a local initiative making beautiful linen products.