If you are looking to explore a bit further, our surrounding towns welcomes travelers with open arms.
Here are a few day trips that can be explored from Swellendam.
DAY TRIP TO BARRYDALE
– Just a 40 minute drive from Swellendam situated on the famous R62.
– On route through the Tradouw’s Pass’s, enjoy beautiful lookout points and picnic spots.
– Choose from local restaurants like Diesel and Creme for milkshakes or even the Maker’s Brew for local beer. There is a variety of giftshops, or you can visit the Barrydale Hand Weavers – a local initiative making beautiful linen products.
DE HOOP NATURE RESERVE
– Just a 1.5-hour drive from Swellendam.
– This outing and day trip is ideal for your whole family.
– De Hoop Nature reserve is approximately 340 square kilometers in area, making it is one of the largest natural areas managed by Cape Nature.
– Besides enjoying the breathtaking views, visit the private beaches, take a game drive and end off your trip with a lovely meal at their local restaurant.
ROBERTSON WINE ROUTE
– Just a 50 min drive from Swellendam.
– The wine valley safari tour is one of the best ways to explore the Robertson wine valley which is full of local wineries and wine-tasting experiences.
– Have a look at all the wine farms in the area, decide which you would like to explore and make it a memorable day trip.
THE SOUTHERN MOST TIP OF AFRICA
– About an 1 hour and 20 min drive from Swellendam.
– In a small village, L’Agulhas, you will find the southern most tip of Africa.
– Enjoy the beach, local homemade fish & chips and take a moment to realize you are standing at the most southern tip in Africa.
Explore all of these day trips and more, while staying in Swellendam.
https://www.visitswellendam.co.za/ has all the information you need while staying in Swellendam.