One of the best ways to wine down and explore the wine valley is a winevalleysafaritour. Create your own adventure and take a self-guided Hop-On Hop-Off tour which will give you plenty of opportunity to experience as much of the Robertson Wine Valley as possible. And you don’t have to drive yourself! Make the most of your stay in Swellendam and make a wine trip with a day trip. Customize your trip with winevallesafaritour and pick and choose where you would like to have your wine.
A few wine stops and spots we recommend adding to your itinerary:
- Weltevrede Wine farm – Did we mention you can create your very own bottle of Cap Classique to take home. Enough said.
- Bon Courage – The stately Cape Dutch homestead dates back to 1818 and the estate has enjoyed the attention and dedication of three generations of the Bruwer family since 1927.
- Esona Wine Estate – A place to escape and admire the valley and remind yourself that it’s the simple things in life that are the finest.
- Van Loveren – South Africa’s leading family-owned winery. Enjoy wine for every palate and occasion.
- Viljoensdrift – A visit to this peaceful haven promises an inspirational riverside experience including a relaxing boat trip on the tranquil waters of the Breede River.
And of course there are plenty of wine farms to choose from in and around Swellendam. There is also some lovely eating spots along the way. Make a day trip while you are here and join in all the fun wine experiences.