Here’s a few tips & tricks you need to know before your visit to Swellendam.
- Swellendam is the perfect halfway stop between Cape Town and George. Which makes it a great stopover destination. Be sure to make this a stop on your way to your next destination.
- On Monday nights a few restaurants in town are closed, be sure to make dinner arrangements prior to your stay if you are checking in on a Monday.
- Most restaurants’ kitchen close around 21:00, so be sure to make early dinner reservations or grab something to munch on your way here.
- Familiarize yourself with the local restaurant spots. Make dinner reservations prior to your stay to avoid disappointment. Have a look at some spots.
- Swellendam is quite a small town, so remember most restaurants is very busy over the holiday season and may be closed on public holidays.
- Pack your tekkies and cycling gear. We have lots of hiking & biking trails to choose from.
- Local grocery shops close around 19:00, so be sure to grab your groceries before then.
- Swellendam is also perfect for relaxing if don’t want to add too much on your itinerary.
- There is some lovely attractions around Swellendam if you are staying a day or two. We definitely recommend planning a daytrip while you are here.
Follow these tips or have a look at all Swellendam has to offer for that next trip.